Inventory Planning Manager
New York, NY
Inventory Planning Manager is a new role for Universal Standard. This role is being established to support the strategic planning for all product and product investments, including assortment strategy, revenue strategy, pricing, and product margin. You will help drive our continued growth by ensuring that we have the right products, at the right time, in the right amounts. In particular, you will monitor, analyze, and present weekly sales data; monitor and analyze inventory levels including on-hand, in-transit, and on-order; and maintain, update, and improve inventory and demand forecasting models. In addition, you will partner with our Merchandising team to develop seasonal assortment plans, and you will work cross-functionally with our Sourcing & Production and Logistics teams day-to-day to implement our inventory strategy. Reporting to the VP of Merchandising & Planning, the Inventory Planning Manager will assist in the successful development, communication, and execution of sales and inventory strategies that support the financial plan. The ideal candidate would possess a high level of process management, and communication skills with the ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams.
What You'll Do:
- Proactively guide and influence in-season financial management, including open to buy forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals.
- Monitor and analyze sales & inventory data to identify risks and opportunities to our overall inventory and planning strategy.
- Support the seasonal hindsight process, providing direction around key initiatives and delivering a framework from which the teams can effectively evaluate performance.
- Build and analyze weekly and monthly sales and inventory reports for in-season actual sales versus plan to support the cross functional leadership team, including Merchandising, Marketing, Product Development and Finance.
- Partner with the Merchandising team in creating seasonal assortment plans.
- Driving short and long-term business goals including hind-sights, color/pattern selling, returns analysis, etc. Routinely present recommendations and other analysis to senior leadership and executive management.
- Partner with Finance on budget process.
- Calculate PO quantities and final size breaks for all programs. Work cross-functionally with Production to pass POs, size breaks.
- Support forecasting, planning, and buying process for replenishment programs from end-to-end.
- Partner with Production, Finance & Operations, and eCommerce teams to ensure accurate inventory data across all systems as well as internally-built tools and models.
- Conduct other ad hoc analyses and build new tools and models.
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years experience in inventory planning, demand forecasting, or similarly quantitative and analytical field. Prior experience in eCommerce or retail strongly preferred, with previous "digitally-native brand" experience a significant plus.
- Excellent modeling and analytical skills, with ability to clearly present analysis, insights, and recommendations.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Excited to learn new skills. Passionate about analyzing data and building tools to solve business problems.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- Strong work ethic and bias for action in a start-up environment
- Incredible attention to detail
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.
- A passion for Universal Standard’s mission to change the fashion industry and it’s positioning in the market.