Customer Experience Associate
New York, NY
We are seeking the most customer-service-centric person that has ever existed with a keen eye for fashion. We believe every team member impacts the customer experience and this role will directly shape that. From answering routine questions, to 30 minute phone calls about the perfect styling for a night out, you’ll be our customers' new best friend. You are reliable, able to multitask, can interject humor when needed and have the ability to remain cool under pressure.You have a flair for fashion and experience in fitting & styling clients. You also possess excellent communication & problem solving skills and are able to respond to inquiries and resolve customer issues via our various communication channels: emails, chats, texts and phone calls. We do it all!
What You'll Do:
- Manage a queue and influx of customer inquiries, including responding to customers and resolving questions/comments/concerns that arise through multiple points of contact (email, message, chat, text and phone).
- Create an exceptional, unique, and elevated experience through customer service email, message, chat and phone.
- Manage complex internal systems, processes and reporting functionality to quickly respond to customer requests. This role does require a strong systems orientation.
- Liaise with cross-functional team members to ensure customer requests are met.
- Share relevant information, identify potential concerns, and proactively problem-solve any issues.
- Translate the Universal Standard brand voice into concise written and verbal communications with customers.
- Prioritize multiple competing deliverables effectively and efficiently in a timely manner.
- Execute an all-hands-on-deck mentality with the persistence to consistently deliver exceptional customer experiences. Offer intense flexibility to the team and identify and resolve issues up front to support the business.
Who You Are:
- Ability to work 4 weekdays and Saturdays (5 days per week). This schedule may vary based on business needs and may at times include evenings and/or holidays.
- 2 years of related customer service experience in a retail-base/ecommerce industry.
- Experience in retail is a plus, with an existing skill set of answering fit & styling related questions.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt and pivot at a moment’s notice.
- “Outside the box thinking” of how we can exceed customer expectations and create a new standard of customer service.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel/Word/Gmail and Web navigation.
- Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, deadline-intensive environment.
- Thinking on your feet to problem solve customer situations in real time.
- Troubleshoot problems and follow through to completion.
- Look for opportunities to create a special customer moment! We love to go above and beyond!
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers .
- Ability to assess potential issues and know when & where to escalate to the appropriate departments.
- A passion and zest for life!